I am excited to go back to the Philippines! In a few days, I will fly to my home country for a vacation leave. My eyes light up and a smile flashes every time I anticipate the coming vacation, not to mention accompanying gestures that are suppressed to avoid looking insane. Beautiful beaches, the open sea, snorkeling, thick vegetation, hiking, the smell of sunscreen, getting dark – oh how I miss these! Of course I also miss my family and friends! 😀
To make use of my excitement and spare time, I decided to join in the new meme: “It’s more fun in the Philippines.” This is the Department of Tourism’s new campaign which went viral right after its release. Having traveled around the Philippines considerably, I can attest to how fun it is in my home country. But ‘fun’ is relative, so it is difficult to claim things as ‘more fun’ without anyone contesting. Anyway, I’m still giving it a shot.
After recalling my past travels, browsing through pictures and thinking about my culture, here are the things I came up with:
Disclaimer: Although I thought of these myself and made use of personal (or my travel mate’s) pictures, it is very likely that these ideas are not unique.
– I have a feeling a lot of people thought of this. This is arguably the most amazing sight named after the food many of us love: Chocolate.
– Public transportation is meant to save money and space. But after riding a jeepney-sized bus in Panglao Island, I must say, space saving is taken to a higher level.
– I have seen that this idea is not unique at all. But climbing these gigantic stairs are really fun, I must include it! And look at that view!
– A lot of caves can be found in the country, my favorite is Sumaguing Cave in the oh-so-beautiful Sagada. Rock formations inside this cave are awe-inspiring, some are even funny, like the one in the picture below. What does it remind you of? 😛
– Oh, let’s go to a nursery where cute newborn babies are kept! They bite pretty hard too!
– Christmas is not just more fun, but it is perhaps most fun in the Philippines!
– Really, you will miss a lot of the Philippines’ beauty if you do not take a look under!
I have a few more things in mind. However, I couldn’t find any personal pictures to use for illustration. So I’m stopping right here. How about you? Have you made a list of things more fun in the Philippines? Share your ideas in the comments below! Give links to your own pictures so I can check them out!
Okay, I told you I am excited to go. But there’s still one important thing to do: packing!
Leave a Reply